Sunday, December 12, 2010

You Say Frittata

One of my favorite things to do on the weekend is to sleep in a bit, and then get up and make a delicious breakfast. I was on a frittata kick earlier this year- with lots of fresh veggies from the farmers market. I made my first one with a cast iron pan- which turned out pretty good. It is important to have a pan that can go into the oven for the last few minutes of cooking time.

I decided to add Amish potatoes into my second frittata, and it was great.
This week we decided to try some scones. I used a joyofbaking.com recipe for scones, and added dried cherries, pistachios and dark chocolate chips. It was a great combination- not to mention colorful. Buttermilk and not over-mixing are the secrets to good scones.


Happy Breakfasts!

1 comment:

  1. I would also add that knowing how to make scones -- which you are a rock star at -- is the secret to good scones.

    ReplyDelete