Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Weekend in Food

It was a beautiful weekend here, and I started it off with a trip to Baltimore to visit my dear friends there who I miss a lot. Stephanie and I went to dinner at a new pizza place in town and it was quite delicious. Below is our salad of arugula, red onion, feta, pecans, cranberries and balsamic vinaigrette and our pizza.

 My next stop was my old house for a spring party. After most people left Karina decided to make some homemade pizza (at 3am) and it was very tasty. Then in the morning, Karina and I made some coconut-pecan pancakes with blueberry topping. Yum-o! I miss that house and it was great catching up with the girls over breakfast!




I was also able to celebrate my good friend Katie's birthday with her on Saturday, and as usual she put on a wonderful barbecue with lots of  great things to eat. My favorite was probably the homemade onion dip!

 Sunday I had a healthful breakfast of granola with fresh mango and strawberries. Then I met my friend Ali at Eastern Market and we went to Tortilla Cafe after exploring a bit. I opted for the vegetable burrito this time, which was good, but I still prefer the pupusa's and plantains!


Overall, it was a great weekend. Good friends and good food- what more could you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment