Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day Five... and Still Alive

So I have made it 5 days eating a vegan diet, and so far so good. I don't really miss much yet. The only thing that has really changed is my snacks- no more greek yogurt and string cheese. They have been replaced by fruit and nuts. The one thing that I have had trouble with at the grocery is finding bread I like that doesn't have honey. Yes, honey is an animal product. I feel pretty good- actually I feel like my sinus problems that I had been having for the past month or so have gone away. Which makes sense because dairy products thicken up your mucus, etc.

I have made several good dinners. Monday was risotto with roasted butternut squash and brussels sprouts. Tuesday I made spaghetti with homemade tomato sauce with carrots, onion, garlic, mushrooms, and white beans for some protein. And tonight vegan boca burgers with hummus and balsamic onions along with sweet potato fries. For dessert, some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with dried cherries (vegan of course). I am profecting my low-fat oatmeal cookies recipe. I promise to share it when its ready. All in all, a pretty good week so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment