Monday, October 18, 2010

What came first?

Let's start off with a little Miss Shirley's brunch. Yum- a great place in Baltimore. Pumpkin Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast. Lauren and I shared this and an omelet- you know a little sweet, a little savory. Good breakfast with good friends.






Last night I was really exhausted from an awesome reunion weekend in Baltimore, but I still love making Sunday dinner. Fish tacos of sorts. Cod coated in cornmeal and pan fried it along with some green peppers and onions. Served with homemade corn tortillas, purple cabbage slaw, tomatoes, salsa, pepperjack cheese and avacado. This photo is actually from tonight- leftovers.






Last week was pretty busy, but I did manage to do a little cooking. I picked up a butternut squash at the farmers market last week so I decided to make some soup. I had tried this once last fall and it was pretty good. No recipe- just in my head. Its pretty easy- squash, vegetable broth, onion, garlic, thyme, nutmeg, touch of milk. Topped off with homemade croutons and pear slices. It actually turned out pretty good. (These pics were taken with my phone so they aren't the best.)







Much more to come....














1 comment:

  1. I'd say the b-nut squash soup turned out better than pretty good.

    ReplyDelete